- Classification: Sativa (75%)/Indica (25%)
- Parents: Chem D x Banana OG
- Growing Environment: Indoor/Outdoor
- Garden Skills: Beginner to Intermediate
- Flowering Time: 9 – 10 weeks
- Height: Medium
- Yield: Moderate
- Medical Uses: Inflammation, migraines, depression
- Breeder: NorStar Genetics
Cannabissearch.com Buzz Rating: With an immediate and long-lasting high, many users have simply fallen in love with this cerebrally stimulating sativa that chases negative feelings away, while providing a mild body high throughout the duration of the effect.
Banana D has medium-sized, chunky buds that are tinged with brilliant violet tips and a silver lining of trichomes. The smell is of lavender, funk and sour grapes, with flavors of Kush, grapes and pepper. Perhaps the best thing about Banana D is how rapidly it grows. While in vegetation, indoors, it’s not uncommon for these ladies to gain five to six inches in height per week, while simultaneously branching out. It’s not a sativa that is recommended for greenhouse cultivation, since it can be fairly prone to powdery mildew and even bud rot. For the same reason, soil cultivation has yielded the best results.