Warning: min(): Array must contain at least one element in /home/customer/www/cannabissearch.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-dispensary/includes/functions/wp-dispensary-pricing-functions.php on line 1362
Hash oil, AKA hashish oil, is a firm liquid made by dissolving high-THC cannabis and/or hash in a solvent (like alcohol, petroleum, acetone and others). After the solids break down, the liquid is strained and left out to encourage the complete evaporation of the remaining solvent. Once the solvent has evaporated fully, the remaining liquid is called hash oil.
Interesting facts about hashish oil:
- Produced first by a British chemist, Peter Squire in 1840. Peter extracted just over 12 ounces of primo hash oil from 64 O’s of weed.
- Hash oil is sold for medicinal usage (in states that care about their citizens) in 1 and 5 oz vials.
- Hash oil varies in color from brown to white. Higher potency hashish oils will be lighter in color.
- You will probably never see white hash oil for sale.
- Honey oil, the 2nd strongest type of hashish oil, is quite simple to make and is far more readily available.
- Hash oil is very sticky and will ruin clothing.
- Remove hash oil by using denatured alcohol.
- Be careful when using hash oil medicinally. It can seriously lock you on your couch for hours if you’re new to it.
Well-made hash oil is very high in THC, anywhere from 30 to 80% in fact. Consider that marijuana ranges from 5 to 35% THC, but most high-grade weed today is around 20% THC. Solid hashish ranges from 20 to 60% THC.
People usually put a drop of hash oil on the tip of a cannabis joint to smoke it. It is definitely hard on the lungs though. For that reason, many people prefer to vaporize their hash oil. However you enjoy yours is yet to be determined; just make sure to experiment carefully and enjoy thoroughly!